For our customer located in Basel (Kaiseraugst)/Switzerland we are currently looking for (m/f) a Junior Portfolio Manager in DIA IT R&D (Scientific & Manufacturing)
- Type of placement: 11 months, external contract with possible long term extension
- Company: major Pharma company in Basel area
- Salary: level 2, please ask us for the exact rate range
(monthly all in salary levels in CHF, level1= 5-10k , level2=10-15k, level3= >15k)
The Junior Project Portfolio Manager will be part of the Solution Delivery R&D team in Diagnostics Informatics and will be working closely with partners across lines of business and the IT group in order to understand business needs to ensure that the implementation teams provide solutions according to agreed timelines, scope and budget. This role includes tracking of the status of all projects in the R&D portfolio and reporting to senior management.
- Latest start date: 11.02.2019
- Extension: Might be possible, but needs to be approved.
- Work location: Kaiseraugst
- Workload: 100%
- Remote/Home Office: Partial remote working is possible with the agreement of both sides (not in the first 6 weeks due to the onboarding/training).
- Travelling: Required around 10% of working time, destinations will be San Francisco, Tucson, Penzberg, Mannheim or Rotkreuz.
- Department: FAYR (IT Diagnostics, Solution Delivery)
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Drive the project portfolio management process and collect the information required for the portfolio such as the review of new project requests,
- Review of project status reports, overall financial reporting and resource plans for the R&D project portfolio
- Participate in the IPC meetings and coordinate the approval of hard gate milestones for the projects
- Participate in R&D Portfolio meetings, document decision and follow up on action items
+2 years of experience as Portfolio Manager
- Strong skills in leadership, critical thinking, structuring, communication across a wide range of management levels and facilitation of small and large groups
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as presentation abilities
- Fluent English language skills
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and priorities
- Demonstrated competency in planning and tracking project schedules with clearly-defined critical paths.
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge of OCM basics
- Practical experience in Clarity
- Working knowledge of German (communication level) is a plus
Kindly be informed that this job offer is from our customer in Switzerland. Therefore we can only accept applications within the EU or applicants with Swiss work permissions.
Please attach your CV in Word format.
SimplyVision is looking forward to your application.