We are looking for an additional Senior Software Engineer with experience in Life Sciences to support one of our global Research IT projects.
- Start date: January 2019
- End date: December 2019
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Evaluation and technical assessment of 3rd party Chemistry software solutions based on given requirements.
- Integration of 3rd party software solutions (cloud based and on-premise) into our existing application landscape.
- Definition, design and implementation of integration components and scientific software solutions.
- +8 years of experience as Senior Software Engineer (with experience in Life Sciences)
- Strong expertise in the design of flexible, scalable and robust software solutions based on modern web technologies
- In-depth knowledge of Java/JEE technology stack
- Experienced in the design and implementation of REST API’s
- Good experience with the integration of Cloud-based and internal solutions into an existing application landscape (on-premise)
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with Big Data (e.g. Apache Spark, Hadoop) and No-SQL (e.g. MongoDB) database concepts
- Hands-on experience with Chemistry platforms and tools from at least one of the following vendors: Biovia, Chemaxon, Dotmatics and/or Perkin Elmer.
- Strong analytical skills combined with conceptual thinking and structured working style
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written in English
- Work experience in cross functional and multi-site teams
Nice to Haves
+++ German speaker
+++ Pharma / Roche experience
Kindly be informed that this job offer is from our customer in Switzerland. Therefore we can only accept applications within the EU or applicants with Swiss work permissions.
Please attach your CV in Word format.
SimplyVision is looking forward to your application.