For our customer located in Basel /Switzerland we are currently looking for (m/f/d) a: Automation Engineer
- Type of placement: 4 months, external contract with possible long term extension
- Company: major Pharma company in Basel area
Job Title: Automation Engineer – Plant 0 Role
- Start date: 01 September 2019
- Position likely to be extended in 2020
- Automation engineer with experience in DeltaV to enable:
o Effective and efficient writing and review of functional specifications, technical guidance documents, work instructions and maintaining system life cycle documentation, including control module, equipment modules, phases and operations.
o Programming of DeltaV code including control modules, equipment modules, phases and operations
- Work closely with our OMS (Operations Management System) team to develop operations for integration with Syncade OMS.
- Development of recipe architecture and structure within a batch environment.
- Contribute with the user teams to process optimization within the DeltaV system.
- Perform system and internal software tests of the configured code.
- Operational support for the DeltaV system to plant users.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as an Automation expert within GMP, regulated environments.
- Pharmaceutical / Biological industry background preferred
- Expertise in a broad range of Automation areas such as process control, OEM control systems and distributed control systems (Emerson DeltaV including Batch control is a mandatory requirement).
- Preferred knowledge of recipe authoring in Syncade
- Preferred experience and knowledge of working with Emerson PCSD module library
- Experienced in working with P&IDs, PFDs reading and interpreting process descriptions.
- Experience and knowledge of working with strict change control
- Reading, reviewing and writing functional specifications (past experience of working with our clients matrix style FS documentation would be useful but is not a mandatory)
- Ability to work in a cross function organization with Process, Engineering and User elements.
- Team player and problem solver, self-driven and able to work with minimum supervision with good communication skills within the immediate Automation team and other functions.
- Experience in working in line with Good Documentation Practices
- Fluent in written and spoken English is mandatory, written and spoken German is beneficial but not a must.
Kindly be informed that our customer is located in Switzerland. Therefore only applications within the EU or candidates holding Swiss work permission are required. The SymplyVision-Team is looking forward to receiving your application (Word file is highly appreciated)