The AE&O – Project Management department is responsible to establish, plan, control, execute, and transition to operations the projects within the Pharma IT AE&O organization and parts of SP&A.
The Project aims to replace the current legacy platform used by project managers to store the mandatory project artifacts. The project will analyze the requirements, define the solution architecture, plan and build the new platform, test and validate, develop training for users and proceed to global deployment. The Project Manager will lead the effort for the Solution Owner of Documents Management.
About the role
- The AE&O Project Manager will be responsible for managing application or infrastructure projects. The Project Manager is accountable for the successful implementation of technical solutions through effective planning and predictable execution throughout all phases of our project management methodology. The Project Manager will be responsible for managing assigned resources, effectively tracking budgets and financial forecasts, creating and tracking detailed project plans, effectively leading and facilitating project meetings as well as proactively controlling project scope, risks and issues. This position is expected to provide timely status reports to all stakeholders and escalate issues to the appropriate management level. Additionally, this position must effectively manage the projects across global locations and time zones and be able to travel internationally as needed.
- As part of a team of project management professionals he/she reports to one of the Team Heads of Project Management within PPA and is supported by portfolio analysts of the AE&O PMO and SP&A PMO (if applicable).
- The project manager works closely with a responsible portfolio analyst from the PMO in AE&O (or SP&A) to ensure timely and accurate project reporting on project scope, schedule, cost and resources, as well as project risks, issues, action items, and dependencies.
- Depending on the individual project assignment the project manager needs to collaborate closely with all other areas of AE&O (and SP&A) to ensure delivery in accordance with the strategic roadmaps, engineered standards and the Pharma IT Operating Model (piOM) guidelines and frameworks.
- In addition the project manager needs to collaborate closely with the Finance, Quality & Procurement departments as required. Also the involvement of other Group Informatics functions outside of AE&O and SP&A (as internal project workforce) might be required (e.g. Shared Service Center .
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Take the leadership of the project team
- Finalize scope, lead project requirements definition and approval
- Plan and drive the implementation of the project
- Support the Solution and Component Owners with sound decision making options
- Handle project communication and reporting tasks
- Manage the project budget forecasting and tracking
- Proactively manage project risks
- Take care of managing project documentation
- Latest start date: 01.10.2017
- Extension: Possible but needs to be approved.
- Remote/Home Office: Possible, can be discussed in the interviews (max. 1 day per week).
- Travelling: Possible (max. 5%, probably to Poland)
- Department: FIRP (AE&O, Architecture Engin and Operations)
- 5 to 7 years of IT Project Management in general
- Software Integration and Deployment Projects
- Software Development Lifecycles Projects
- Document Management Platform Project delivery (e.g. Sharepoint or equivalent)
- Validated Systems Projects (e.g. CSV)
- Excellent English communication skills, oral and written
- Resource, schedule, budget planning, tracking, risk management experience (RAID)
- Good organizational skills
- Team leadership experience
- PM skills / certificate: e.g. PMP, Prince 2, CAPM
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry