For our Swiss customer located in Basel we are currently looking for (m/f) a Scientist Cell Based Protein Biomarkers
• Type of placement: 1 year, external contract with possible long term extension
• Company: major Pharma company in Basel area
• Salary: level 2, please ask us for the exact rate range
(monthly gross salary levels in CHF, level1= 5-10k , level2=10-15k, level3= >15k)
You will be part of a team supporting cellular biomarker research and clinical implementationin indications whereimmune cells play a disease relevant role. You will directly contribute to clinical research with your expertise in immunology, cytometry and applied cellular biomarker measurement in clinical trials. You willcontribute to shaping and enabling the implementation of clinical biomarker strategies to support dose finding, MoA confirmation and patient stratification. Key tasks will include method development, validation, sample measurement, CRO monitoring, data analysis and interpretation,always ensuring timely delivery of high quality datawithin forecasted budget. As appropriate, you will evaluate innovative technologies, laboratories, collaborators and workflows, striving to apply the best approach to address the intended biological question
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Plans, develops and performs flow cytometry experiments. May also supervise or monitorflow cytometry work at contracted laboratories,applying high scientific standards within the context of clinical studies.
- Responsibility for designing and establishing experimental protocols, processing raw data, creating or reviewing reports to support the project biology or clinical biomarker team.
- Presentation of results to supervisor, team members, within the department, to collaborators, ability to work in a matrix environment.
- Thorough knowledge of own scientific field and application of this knowledge to advance projects or molecules.
- May either work as an individual orwithin a small team according to project needs.
- Latest start date: 01.01.2018
- work load 100%
- language: English
- Option to extend: Yes
- Home office: No
- Must have:Immunology knowledge, experience in flow cytometry techniques and data analysis
- Hands on experience in performing flow cytometry experiments using BD FACSCanto, LSRII or Fortessa instruments, analysing and interpreting flow cytometry data (FlowJo, FACSDiva, Spotfire)
- Ability to independently design high multiplexed flow cytometry panels (minimum 8 color)
- Working experience with immune cells and applying immunological methods
- Pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred.
- Expertise in biomarker method validation and Good Clinical Laboratory Practice as well as CRO monitoring is an advantage