For our customer located in Rotkreuz/Switzerland we are currently looking for a: Design Ops Manager (m/f/x)
The DesignOps Manager has the remit to increase speed and quality as the team delivers and scales. Responsible for cross-team operational practice development and management. The DesignOps Manager will lead prioritization of project requests, project intake, oversees overall project delivery,tool / vendor management, team rituals, and the balance of time spent on chargeable work and shared knowledge development. The Design Ops Lead will manage project staffing, coordination of learning, team building, and similar needs.
- Start Date: 15.11.2021
- End Date: 12 months
- Extension: On request and showed performance
- Work location: Rotkreuz
- Workload: 80 – 100% (please mention the workload in the Cover letter)
- Home Office: Yes / load will be discussed in the 2nd interview
- Travel: No
- Department: Customer Experience (DSGCX)
- Seniority: Professional / Senior
- Team: ca. 80 Designer
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Develop and grow the DesignOps capabilities within the chapter
- Plan, define, and manage our operational Design Ops strategy, establishing workflow and process standards and best practices
- Accountable to create with Design Leads the project management methodology that supports the design and collaborate with peers to ensure standards are shared and implemented and ensure the balance between capabilities building and project work to be delivered within the different projects
- Establish and continuously improve the systematic framework for managing incoming projects
- Define project roadmap together with design leaders, including key touchpoints, milestone dates, etc.
- Ensure allocated team members as well as clients understand the project plan and have a space to express concerns about feasibility or scope
- Drive governance processes and communication for Design Leadership in ongoing staff meetings, portfolio oversight, and metrics and budget tracking.
- Identify inter-dependencies or risks early on, and proposes solutions on how to address them.
- Effectively leads a highly engaged team and is able to inspire and coach team members
- Demonstrate effective people leadership as demonstrated by the Leadership Commitments
- Represent the department and core competencies inside and outside the organisation
- Responsible for ensuring adequate reporting to support overall department management
- Min. Master degree Design Management / Business Administration/ IT
- Min. 5 years experience in Design Operations, Project Delivery, Tools Implementation, Processes, and Vendor Management
- Min. 5 years experience in Project Management and/or Change Management (e.g. in implementation) and communication
- Experience in an AGILE environment
- Affinity with project delivery tools such as figma, monday.com or gSuite, miro, slack or similar as a tool owner / Poweruser
- Leadership experience in a matrix organization is a must
- Endurance to work in a complex landscape and relationships (business, systems, policies, etc.)
- English fluent is a must
Nice to Haves
- client / pharma experience
- SCRUM Master – PMP – ITIL Certification is a plus
- An open mindset, willing to improve and explore new ways of working
- Winning personality in a team that can communicate directly
- Willing to support other people in the daily business
Did we catch your interest?
The SimplyVision-Team is looking forward to receive your application (Word file is highly appreciated).
Kindly be informed that our customer is located in Switzerland. Therefore only applications from candidates within the EU or candidates holding Swiss work permission are required.
Preferred Interview Dates
- asap after halting date