For our customer located in Basel/Switzerland we are currently looking for (m/f) a Global Project Manager
- Type of placement: 24 months, external contract with possible long term extension
- Company: major Pharma company in Basel area
- Salary: level 2, please ask us for the exact rate range
(monthly gross salary levels in CHF, level1= 5-10k , level2=10-15k, level3= >15k)
- the target of possible start date is Q1 2019. Duration: 2 years
Global Project Manager (GPM)
As a key member on molecule development project teams the GPM is expected to actively contribute and challenge the definition and development of project strategy, and then help teams to effectively and efficiently deliver on the strategic objectives agreed with the relevant governance body drive scenario planning and strive for continuous optimization of the project plan. The GPM partners with the Project Leader to anticipate, identify, manage and communicate project risks and opportunities across the key functions. The role requires excellent interpersonal skills, including clear, succinct and timely communication and proven ability to foster important relationships with customers and key stakeholders. The GPM is accountable for:
- The development, maintenance, pro-active tracking & management of a high quality, ambitious integrated project plan
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including clear, succinct and timely communication and proven ability to foster important relationships with customers and key stakeholders
- Identifying, managing & communicating key project risks and leading risk management strategies in partnering with the team leader
- Builds effective team operation and positive team dynamic to succeed with milestone achievement
- Closely and transparently managing the critical path of the project
- Facilitating discussion on Project Scenarios, Risk and Options
- Guiding and managing the team through the value chain processes ensuring effective and efficient team operation
- Maintaining, tracking, reporting and understanding variances in the integrated project budget by working in close collaboration with functional contributors and finance
- The integrity and accuracy of project information to meet team, management and portfolio requirements.
- Representing Project Management with Stakeholders in all management positions
- Guiding effectively a due diligence team through the formation of a comprehensive drug development plan and budget
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific discipline required. Advanced degree (Science, MBA,PhD) preferred. Project Management certification or equivalent is a plus (ie: PMP or equivalent)
- Experience supporting cross functional teams preferably in the pharmaceutical/ biotech industry
- Knowledge of the overall drug development process relevant to pharmaceutical/biotech organizations (minimum of 3 years' experience preferred.)
- Applies a complete understanding of theories and concepts from one's technical/ professional discipline to independently address a broad range of difficult problems
- Demonstrates judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Strong influencing skills: proven ability to get things done without formal authority
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams in a highly matrixed organization with non-co-located teams
- Ability to travel internationally
Kindly be informed that this job offer is from our customer in Switzerland. Therefore we can only accept applications within the EU or applicants with Swiss work permissions.
Please attach your CV in Word format.
SimplyVision is looking forward to your application.