For our customer located in Basel/St. Johann/Switzerland we are currently looking for (m/f/d) a Business Analyst - General - Level III
- Type of placement: 3 months, external contract with possible long term extension
- Company: major Pharma company in Basel area
- Salary: level 3, please ask us for the exact rate range
(monthly all in salary levels in CHF, level1= 5-10k , level2=10-15k, level3= >15k)
Galileo program in NVS NBS IT Operations is presently seeking for a Business Analyst in role of a ServiceNow Discovery and Software Asset Management Technical Expert.
The ideal candidate shall demonstrate profound knowhow in Software Asset Management (SAM) as a concept (critical) along with “Madrid” release knowledge of at all possible.
ServiceNow Senior Business Analyst in role of a ServiceNow Discovery and Software Asset Management Technical Expert
Configuration Management and Discovery
Galileo program in NBS IT is offering a Senior IT Business Analyst roles acting as ServiceNow Discovery and Software Asset Management Technical Expert to support a proof of concept initiative. The role described here will require an intensive management of ServiceNow ITSM Processes with focus on Discovery, Configuration Management, CMDB and related processes. Knowledge of Software Asset Management as a concept is critical. The role necessitates close liaison with the ServiceNow project team, end-client stakeholders, multiple supplier representatives and on & off-shore development. The engagement will prove that ServiceNow can perform the required Discovery of software assets to support Asset Management and licensing.
Utilization: 100% / Planned Duration: asap thru 30-Jun-2019
Working Location: No specific preference, therefore open for all proposals (onsite, near-shore, off-shore, remote)
The position reports to Core and Foundation Lead.
- Execute the technical delivery effort and account for milestone targets according to the project plan
- Take ownership & responsibility for technical delivery of various Discovery components as assigned
- Execute reports on discovered software as requested
- Align with SAM team on requirements and provide feedback
- Align with Asset Management team and provide feeds as required
- Proactively manage Discovery specific enhancements/defects
- Highlight any risks and issues observed
- Represent the Galileo Program professionally and provide the public face of the relevant process areas when required
- Work consultatively with stakeholders and retain focus to achieve the POC schedule
- Run iterative workshops with stakeholders as required
- Work with Project management to assist with tracking & escalation of issues
- Monitor and drive issue resolution and escalate out of line situations
- Commit to and embody company beliefs and values
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Broadly knowledgeable of ServiceNow Discovery with the ability provide advice on overall Discovery and CMDB deployment
- Knowledge of various discovered device types and technical terminology
- 3+ years’ experience implementing ServiceNow Discovery, including deployment of mid-servers, development of probes and patterns and use of whitelists/blacklists
- Knowledge of overall CMDB management and an understanding of ITSM processes
- Previous experience with validated systems or other experience in a highly regulated industry highly desirable
- Experience with ServiceNow Service Mapping a plus
- Keen awareness of limitations of ServiceNow & good practice design for solutions of enterprise scale
- Experience of taking ownership for core ServiceNow module delivery with minimal management support
- Working business knowledge of consulting services (including working with offshore development teams)
- Service Management IT industry knowledge, ITIL aware (Foundation minimum)
- Educated to a minimum of higher national diploma level
Personal Skills Required
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills (including negotiation/mediation)
- Strong customer focus and service attitude.
- High personal motivation and energy.
- Strong personal organizational skills
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- Empathy to understand issues from both the customer viewpoint and from individuals within the business, and to respond appropriately
- Composure and the ability to remain calm and dispassionate
- Ability to initiate and drive action – seize opportunities to put ideas into action either personally or through engaging a team or the organization as a whole
- Judgement and Sensitivity
- Team work and team motivation in a challenging IT environment
- High affinity to work in an international as well as multicultural environment
- High flexibility and experience in prioritizing tasks
- Ability to deal with variable workload
Kindly be informed that our customer is located in Switzerland. Therefore only applications within the EU or candidates holding Swiss work permission are required.
The SymplyVision-Team is looking forward to receiving your application (Word file is highly appreciated).