This role involves digging into and getting to the heart of performance issues with the eTMF system. We need a senior consultant with a mixture of analyst, project management & technical skills in the clinical IT environment with excellent stakeholder management skills. They should be able to establish a stakeholder map relating to our system, work through and interview a list of stakeholders, establish a “body of evidence” as to what exactly our performance issues relate to, and draw up and start to execute a plan of action to resolve any substantiated performance issues. This may involve deep technical analysis of our Documentum & Oracle based system.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Working with the eTMF & IDM document management team within FPP in Kaiseraugst, and our business team in Basel and other sites.
- Interviewing stakeholders in the business & IT to get an overview and document a fact base of the performance issues in question. To decipher fact from perception of any perceived issues with performance.
- To document performance requirements that the system should adhere to.
- To get to the root cause of where the qualified performance issues may lie and propose solutions.
- To investigate performance optimization methodology used successfully on another large document management system (IDM) and determine & plan how it might be applied to eTMF. Depending on the length of this exercise, this may involve managing a remote team to start execution of such a plan.
- Technical investigation of Oracle database & Documentum performance bottlenecks & determination of proposals for improvement.
- May involve travel to Poland, India and potentially other sites
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst with Project Management experience. The contractor needs to have strong technical understanding in the area of Document Management. Strong stakeholder / customer relationship experience should be visible in the last project
- Start date: 18.09.2017 (as soon as possible!)
- Latest start date: 25.09.2017
- End date: 17.01.2018 (4 months)
- Extension: An extension is planned, but needs to be approved (depending on business demands).
- Work location: Kaiseraugst
- Workload: 70%
- Remote/Home Office: Possible max. 1 day per week (could be discussed in the interviews).
- Travelling: Travelling to Poland, India and potentially other sites (up to 20%).
- Additional information/Team:
- Department: PD Informatics / Integrated Document Management (FFPX)
- Senior stakeholder management & communication skills (+7 years of experience, e.g. experience as PM)
- Excellent interviewing, analysis & documentation skills (+7 years of experience, e.g. experience as BA)
- Project management experience (+5 years of experience, especially IT-related projects)
- Understanding and experience of system performance analysis & optimization including knowledge of system monitoring & KPIs (+2 years of experience)
- Excellent technical skills in Oracle, Documentum (would be great to see applied in the last projects)
- Excellent English speaking
- Ability to pull together a lot of diverse viewpoints into documented facts and formulate and drive a plan for how we would address and documented performance issues
- Ability to travel / Flexible for travelling
- Knowledge of CSV